Some cyclists still like to venture out at night with this type of adventure bike. And this is also a sports activity that attracts many young people, but to ensure the safety of you and your colleagues behind, light conditions are essential to keep safe in the car. Some assistive devices such as bicycle lights.
The bicycle light that can assist you in traffic can observe you in light conditions and the lights help increase your presence higher. In addition, if you ride in places where light bulbs are lacking, you can rely on your own light to illuminate the road, deep trails.
However, you should also opt for lights that automatically turn on/off between night and day. Besides, it also depends on the type of bike to choose some appropriate reflexes. On bicycle brands, new bikes have a reflector. Know that, some common locations for mounting reflective devices are behind the pedals, forks, handlebars, and seat posts.
Legally, white front light and rear red light when installed. Bicycles, on the other hand, come in a variety of capacities and features. Lights are an important safety solution to secure your travels outside. To understand how to use and some necessary information, please see the analysis of the functions below.
1. Types of bicycle lights
In principle, a bicycle is provided with enough light when they are equipped with lights on the front, side and front of the bike to ensure a clear view of people around and you. If you go to work or ride in the dark, notably on poorly lit trails, installing a front light unit should be a high-powered lighting system that ensures your visibility is good enough. Below are the types of lighting you can refer to.
High power lighting system: is the type known for its lights that can be recharged via USB connected devices and they are capable of providing maximum illumination. Off the market, they are more expensive than others, but investing in this equipment is well worth it because they meet on any trail or inland for all conditions.
Front, side and rear safety lights: different from the above, this helps motorists see your bike in low light. On the contrary, they cannot provide enough light to help you walk at night. Another thing about the bike reflector that is different is that it is also based on the installation, the number of LEDs that light up (LEDs) and whether the battery is rechargeable or disposable.
2. Types of lights
- LED lights: the durability of LEDs is high and the energy is well distributed, and besides they have many different levels of brightness so that users can adjust themselves to suit the road you ride.
- Lumens: A unit of measurement for how bright a light is to the human eye. They are measured at a certain distance and they only describe the light intensity of the illuminated unit. Know that, if you have the word:
✔0 - 500 lumens: this is the right number of lumens for cycling in urban areas with low light, and only illuminates the road ahead, at close range. You can see the traffic.
✔ 500-2000 lumen: suitable for driving at night, where the road is rural, lack of light to ensure your safety. However, with more lumens, two more batteries will be consumed. So the time to use the beam is only within an hour when starting to use.
✔ 2000 lumens: high power use and off-road use only. In addition, they are often equipped with an external battery to allow longer run times and also wider beams of light.
- Lux: is a measure of light intensity over an area and mainly measures in the range of one to ten meters. In fact, if the measurement of lumens in light is constant, and the larger the surface area, the less lux, then it cannot provide good.
- Beam pattern: when you go on roads with street lights, you can equip your car with a narrow focus front beam. But if traveling on darker trails, wide spotlights will always be preferred because they have good peripheral vision. On the market, there are many types of chandeliers, so it is better to read the information and check the product.
3. Mounting lights on the bicycle light
- Headlights: Usually the reflectors will attach to the handlebars, but some will attach to the helmet position. When hiking at night, providing enough light is essential, so two types will be preferred. On the other hand, the beams are also mounted on the helmet and are only oriented when you turn so you can use one light and this is also quite a flexible position for riders.
- Rear safety lights: usually mounted on bags or safety poles on vehicles. Besides, there are still some still mounted on the back of the rear bike rack.
- Side safety lights: they are mainly mounted on spokes or frames. This position will clearly show the wheel in motion.
- Battery packs: for high-powered flashlight batteries that are attached to a bike or because of their size and weight, they can be stored in bags. They are easy to install and disassemble so you can take them with you.
4. Battery Life
Usually lithium ion batteries are known to have excellent power delivery capacity for their capacity. They can be charged easily and last for a long time. Unlike alkalis that dull battery life, all chargers will typically provide consistent lighting until they run out of power, so chargers often have fuel gauge-based warnings. or low battery. Besides, charging devices have power settings so they will know if they have electricity or not.
5. Maintain the battery system of bicycle light
Most batteries can charge evenly over 500 charge cycles. Connected devices can be charged via the power cord or USB charger. While charging the battery or make sure that you should charge it fully but do not overcharge. However, smart battery chargers stop automatically when fully charged. Note, the battery does not work, which means the power will be lost, so please plug and charge the system before each use.
6. Place for mounting the bicycle light
There are many places where you can install the bike reflector. However, which mounting position is reasonable. Often the pedal position is equipped with amber reflectors. White plastic front and red rear reflectors will be mounted on the forks, handlebars, saddle posts, or rear racks. Besides, you can mount on accessories like panniers and trunk bags with reflective stripes. In addition, they are mounted on wheel hubs that easily fit into the spokes of a bicycle. However, they are quite dangerous if they are loose.
7. Model of bicycle light
Often quality goes hand in hand with price, so each luminaire has different features such as low, high, strobe, and stability. For flashing mode can extend battery life. The level of stability is visible, but you can also adjust it yourself depending on the conditions where you ride.
It is known that bicycle lights not only provide light to help you see obstacles but also ensure an enjoyable and safe ride. However, some new bike sellers will have this device, some will not, so understanding the necessary information and the products we share is essential for you when buying and while cycling.
To ensure the safety of cyclists in poorly lit terrain, many manufacturers have produced many bicycle lights with a rechargeable battery structure and a combination of LED technology. arrangement becomes more reasonable. Therefore, you should invest now in a bicycle light so that you can comfortably explore. Besides, you should also bring backup lights, unless the lights are broken. Thank you for reading.